I feel for my old co-workers at Oriflame for being slapped with this ad-bannage. First off, Oriflame is a bit like Avon in that there are troops of independent salespeople, and they are all armed with the all powerful catalogue. This catalogue is distributed to 38 different countries and 3.5 million consultants.
There's a silly amount of meetings discussing every detail of a layout where top execs from several different countries will offer their invaluable input such as "we need more glamour, can you print glitter?" and "She needs to smile more" followed by "No, smiles don't sell in my country" followed by "In my country she needs to smile like Mona Lisa" and so on.
Provided you haven't turned skitzo during one of these many meetings you will soon enough (read: six months) have a layout that has turned into a mishmash of details and additions much like that "if microsoft designed Apple packaging" video. Despite all that, you manage to produce something... And then the Swedish Reklamombudsman bans it because the girls looks like a ballerina-girl and the boy looks like a tool-loving boy.. It's enough to drive an art director to drinking the kid-bodywash advertised.
- Congratulations Peggi. Great 2 hours 21 min ago
- DID THAT! 6 hours 56 min ago
- Congratulations, Lara!! 2 days 5 hours ago
- Great- Orr video! Can u let 2 days 22 hours ago
- Just another example of where 3 days 3 hours ago
- Keep that gay crap off of TV! 3 days 14 hours ago
- queer executives to blame. 3 days 14 hours ago
- Wtf is "gay humor"? 3 days 17 hours ago
- How do I reach them? 4 days 11 hours ago
- How smug. The media and a 5 days 2 hours ago
- This commercial is ridiculous 5 days 16 hours ago
- Actors name? 5 days 22 hours ago