Lena Dunham who got $3.7 million in advance for a book, where the book tour tickets alone would generate $304,000 in revenue, decided in a moment of Amanda Palmer "Beers, hugs, and high-fives" frenzy that the artists she enlisted to perform as opening acts on her book tour should not get paid a dime. Not even gas money. They'll get exposure, see.
Aaaah. Exposure. How is it that saying goes? Money is what you live on; exposure is what you die from.
This we gather from reading the New York Times :
- Well said. Companies like 10 hours 43 min ago
- I'd callback to my "Bro, do 1 day 19 hours ago
- Same shit happened with intel 1 day 19 hours ago
- You've got the horribly low 1 day 20 hours ago
- The mob was like: "Why won't 1 day 20 hours ago
- Ha! 1 day 22 hours ago
- Those mathematically-minded 1 day 22 hours ago
- The whole thing is ridiculous 2 days 2 hours ago
- Be sure not to go with Dell, 2 days 2 hours ago
- Been reading your articles. 2 days 4 hours ago
- I wonder how long she needs 2 days 7 hours ago
- Sexist? Yes, but that's not 2 days 13 hours ago