As if to cement it's mythical cult status Cillit Bang has lucked out completely and gotten their ad banned by the ASA.
It is the scene with the penny that is causing trouble, the advert claims that it can make "an old penny good as new" in only 15 seconds. The Advertising Standards Agency said the claim was "exaggerated" and that the advert was "oversimplified and misleading". It ruled it must not be shown again in that form. The Cillit Bang company defended itself by saying that the voiceover unintentionally "oversimplified the chemistry". Too little too late.
Cillit Bang's logo is available on a range of badges and t-shirts as ironic hipster kid gear, and will probably only become more hip now.
- Now I'll never go on school 11 hours 28 min ago
- My hair is longer now, so 11 hours 42 min ago
- You look like Viviam James 1 day 2 hours ago
- When I write about BitTorrent 1 day 16 hours ago
- The use of misogyny is 1 day 17 hours ago
- As a distribution protocol, 1 day 18 hours ago
- Slight-of-hand meets 1 day 18 hours ago
- For the common user, there's 1 day 18 hours ago
- *facepalm* 3 days 4 hours ago
- What on earth are you 3 days 4 hours ago
- I cannot disagree with you 3 days 4 hours ago
- Bettter headline, check. 4 days 10 hours ago