Copywriters get to have final word on how exactly something should be said in any given ad, that is until the ASA listens to it. This British Gas advert which aired in December last year has been banned for "Implying that British Gas would attend same day call-outs, even over Christmas". The phrasing that set complaints off was : "You can reach us every day. Even over Christmas.", in combo with a cute animated British Gas car pulling up to help the house owner in the ad with the broken boiler.
British gas disputed the complaint, saying that they wanted the ad to show that they deal with queries every day, even on christmas - thing is, the british gas truck doesn't show up quite as fast as the ad implies.
- It is clear that the ads are 2 sec ago
- Sound design & mix on the 1 day 10 hours ago
- cool I just won £5, not gunna 1 day 13 hours ago
- I don't mind the spot itself. 1 day 14 hours ago
- If she's in her twenties it's 2 days 4 hours ago
- When I see a woman drinking 2 days 5 hours ago
- I can't stand the fact they 2 days 5 hours ago
- Yeah they loved the attention 2 days 6 hours ago
- They're gonna have really 2 days 7 hours ago
- Yeah shit ads kind of upsets 2 days 7 hours ago
- Looks like that ad really got 2 days 8 hours ago
- WOW! This is an incredible 5 days 11 hours ago