Stockholm is currently party-town with Stockholm Pride festival in full swing. Sweden's Channel five are tagging along by showing pride-related films like Transamerica, and TV shows like "Rick and Steve: The Happiest Gay Couple in All the World". Absolut Vodka have released a rainbow colored bottle which is prominently displayed in the Swedish state operated liquor stores - but that isn't due to the Prideparty in Stockholm, instead the rainbow bottle is to celebrate that it is 30 years ago that Gilbert Baker of San Francisco designed a flag with six stripes representing the six colours of the rainbow as a symbol of gay and lesbian community pride.
Meanwhile, lots of ads are being pulled due to homophobia or offending homosexual people.
First there was that Heinz "New York deli mom" ad kiss. Or rather - peck. Mom of the house - as always making lunch bags for the kids and the hubby in the kitchen where else would mom be? - has been replaced by a stereotypical Noo Yawka deli man. When Dad is about to rush off to work without kissing the missus, Noo Yawka Deliman says "hey, aren't you forgetting something?" and there is the kiss. 200 people missed the joke and reported the "gay kiss" as offensive and "inappropriate to see two men kissing". Heinz withdrew the ad and and apologised to viewers.
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- P.S Lest we put this 6 hours 52 min ago
- Threadjack: "Thanks for your 6 hours 58 min ago
- Huh, they visually reminded 8 hours 50 sec ago
- This is so bad its 16 hours 55 min ago
- Nice pic 20 hours 58 sec ago
- Not sure I agree with you 1 day 11 hours ago
- Thanks for your opinion piece 2 days 17 hours ago
- I agreed with your argument 2 days 23 hours ago
- You call yourselves a law 3 days 10 hours ago
- The spoofed logos are a nice 3 days 13 hours ago
- This is ad is really poorly 3 days 14 hours ago
- I dare Calvin to run this ad 3 days 15 hours ago