Reuters picks up a press release and headlines it: "Super Size Me" gets downsized by MTV", claiming that MTV has refused to air advertisements for documentary "Super Size Me"... Aaaah, but did they?
The Hollywood reporter hears out MTVs version of the story, where a spokeswoman said the channel suggested some edits of the commercial, but ultimately accepted the original version. What MTV couldn't stomach was a scene where Spurlock was vomiting - this from the channel that brought you Jackass. By MTV's account, IDP then withdrew the commercial, "and instead of submitting the commercial, they chose to put out a press release." Is this simply a PR-ploy?
This is just 1 out of more than 3.500 Super Bowl ads from the worlds largest Super Bowl Commercial Archive at adland.tv.
- Thanks for your personal 3 hours 31 min ago
- This is great! 1 day 8 hours ago
- Hahaha! This is really good. 1 day 9 hours ago
- I've drunk that. Not 2 days 18 hours ago
- Don't see anything wrong with 2 days 18 hours ago
- very cool 2 days 21 hours ago
- This is so many layers of 2 days 22 hours ago
- Yeah the "protect your senses 3 days 9 hours ago
- Love the tagline, too. 3 days 9 hours ago
- There's an interview with 3 days 18 hours ago
- ha ha ha ha ha. +1 4 days 38 min ago
- I would just like to state 4 days 1 hour ago