Reuters picks up a press release and headlines it: "Super Size Me" gets downsized by MTV", claiming that MTV has refused to air advertisements for documentary "Super Size Me"... Aaaah, but did they?
The Hollywood reporter hears out MTVs version of the story, where a spokeswoman said the channel suggested some edits of the commercial, but ultimately accepted the original version. What MTV couldn't stomach was a scene where Spurlock was vomiting - this from the channel that brought you Jackass. By MTV's account, IDP then withdrew the commercial, "and instead of submitting the commercial, they chose to put out a press release." Is this simply a PR-ploy?
This is just 1 out of more than 3.500 Super Bowl ads from the worlds largest Super Bowl Commercial Archive at adland.tv.
- I Like the information given 6 hours 9 min ago
- Zephyrs Textile manufacturer 6 hours 14 min ago
- This is great! 17 hours 26 min ago
- Hahaha! This is really good. 18 hours 45 min ago
- I've drunk that. Not 2 days 3 hours ago
- Don't see anything wrong with 2 days 3 hours ago
- very cool 2 days 5 hours ago
- This is so many layers of 2 days 7 hours ago
- Yeah the "protect your senses 2 days 18 hours ago
- Love the tagline, too. 2 days 18 hours ago
- There's an interview with 3 days 3 hours ago
- ha ha ha ha ha. +1 3 days 9 hours ago