Reuters picks up a press release and headlines it: "Super Size Me" gets downsized by MTV", claiming that MTV has refused to air advertisements for documentary "Super Size Me"... Aaaah, but did they?
The Hollywood reporter hears out MTVs version of the story, where a spokeswoman said the channel suggested some edits of the commercial, but ultimately accepted the original version. What MTV couldn't stomach was a scene where Spurlock was vomiting - this from the channel that brought you Jackass. By MTV's account, IDP then withdrew the commercial, "and instead of submitting the commercial, they chose to put out a press release." Is this simply a PR-ploy?
This is just 1 out of more than 3.500 Super Bowl ads from the worlds largest Super Bowl Commercial Archive at adland.tv.
- Hi there, You’ve done an 44 min 38 sec ago
- Yeah the "protect your senses 6 hours 26 min ago
- Love the tagline, too. 6 hours 57 min ago
- There's an interview with 15 hours 25 min ago
- ha ha ha ha ha. +1 21 hours 37 min ago
- I would just like to state 22 hours 29 min ago
- Sam, "lets bring back 1 day 2 hours ago
- It has always disturbed me 1 day 4 hours ago
- Wouldn't they just spread the 1 day 5 hours ago
- You might enjoy reading Bovy 1 day 6 hours ago
- That was also a lovely bit of 1 day 7 hours ago
- "The Eternal September" lel 1 day 7 hours ago