JOHN LENNON, The NYC Years: To promote the opening of this exhibit at The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Annex, die-cut strawberries containing the event info were mounted on stakes, then planted in the Strawberry Fields section of Central Park in New York. Instead of mailing/distributing invites by conventional means, pedestrians actually picked the strawberry invitations from the grounds of Strawberry Fields, located across the street from where Lennon lived and was murdered–making the experience a very personal one. The John Lennon exhibit became the most successful exhibit in the museum’s history.
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- SOMEONE DIVIDED BY ZERO! 3 hours 33 min ago
- Fun fact, this story was 4 hours 8 min ago
- CARLI ALEXANDER 12 hours 52 min ago
- I thought for sure that the 16 hours 39 min ago
- "I'm so gorgeous in bikini 1 day 3 hours ago
- Actually, in hindsight I'm 1 day 8 hours ago
- Mikaur86, is that a Level1 2 days 11 hours ago
- Quoting Michael Koretzky : 2 days 11 hours ago
- You also simply ignored the 2 days 14 hours ago
- I too, love her genuine smile 2 days 14 hours ago
- "Most recently, the Gamergate 2 days 14 hours ago
- That's... I mean shouldn't it 3 days 13 hours ago