- Lego: Rebuild it. First it was posted on various adblogs as if Saatchi & Saatchi, Guangzhou, China really had Lego approval on this image. But they didn't - and Lego was furious. The team that created it, Black Wu and Darren Cheung, crafted an apology letter in both English and Chinese stating that they were very sorry for causing the brand damage with their "naive and irresponsible behavior", before getting the sack from Saatchi China. Where they are now is anybodies guess.
- The Bic Wite Out ads. Yeah, there, I said the name. SO SUE ME! First we had these terrible Bic ads submitted by the creative team Miguel Angel Barahona and Gabriel Gomez at TBWA Chile. Then, Bic's US Headquarters tells us to take them down. When that didn't work, the agencies creative director begged us to remove the ads. OK, fine, so the images were removed. But that wasn't good enough, as BIC Headquarters in the United States were pissed and the agency risked a lot of business, so the CD asked me again to please remove the brand name. Everywhere. Not happy until I had whited out every single mention of BIC® even in the comments, which of course bought these ads more blog mentions elsewhere on the web not to mention pissed off adgrunts. You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube folks.
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- What about the the abused 1 day 18 hours ago
- Thanks for sharing your 2 days 22 hours ago
- A genuinely inspirational and 2 days 22 hours ago
- Nora Dunn is setting the 3 days 12 hours ago
- oh by the way, just found 3 days 13 hours ago
- One of the more interesting 3 days 17 hours ago
- Well! I tried it last month, 3 days 20 hours ago
- *magnificent that is lol 4 days 35 min ago
- I think the Tree Book Tree 4 days 36 min ago
- The only thing that popped 5 days 1 hour ago
- Johns are every day men. 5 days 5 hours ago
- Grr. 5 days 14 hours ago