It's political ad season again and the truthbenders are working overtime. If we are to believe the movies, everyone was either on drugs or in Vietnam in the sixties - or both. Perhaps that explains George Elliotts lack of recall, as the Smoking gun points out he recommended Kerry for a Bronze Star in 1969 and called Kerry "highly courageous in the face of enemy fire" back then. The tune is quite different now that he's appearing in ads for Bush attacking Kerry, with the ironic sounding statement "John Kerry has not been honest about what happened in Vietnam". Who's not being honest? ( mercury news ).
To keep track of the Bush-connections behind the anti-Kerry ads, The New York Times has provided us readers with this nice graph.
- Good job! Here is your own 27 min 1 sec ago
- This information is really 17 hours 12 min ago
- I got "what does the fox say" 6 days 3 hours ago
- Interesting way of saying 1 week 3 hours ago
- Aaaaah yes. The old trick of 1 week 3 days ago
- It's so poorly edited, it 1 week 3 days ago
- I wonder what a critically 1 week 3 days ago
- While the app itself reminds 1 week 4 days ago
- What id the name of the 1 week 4 days ago
- Actually as far as non 1 week 6 days ago
- Wow, this looks gorgeous. 2 weeks 5 hours ago
- Do they think they are really 2 weeks 5 hours ago