The Saturday Evening Post have dug up the Mad Men Era Ads that once ran in the post, as a reminder that they are America’s oldest magazine, and they are big fans of Mad Men on AMC. The ads are delightfully bold in color, graphic in their use of white space, and stereotypical with their gender norms, which is what the sixties suburbia was all about. A coffee that is "husband pleasing", a smoke that ain't too dry but just right? Thems were the days. It's quite fun to look through, so give it a whirl. And if you are a Mad Men fan here's a bonus, The Saturday evening Post interviews creator Matt Weiner too.
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- Advertising people take note: 1 day 7 hours ago
- The smiley face. o_0 1 day 11 hours ago
- Points for finding some 1 week 1 day ago
- Amanda Palmer is glutinous? 1 week 2 days ago
- Adriana doesn't even stay to 1 week 2 days ago
- I imagine the minute she left 1 week 2 days ago
- Brilliant ads conceived by 1 week 5 days ago
- I TOTALLY NEED COFFE-SHOT! 6 days 12 hours ago
- That guy is SHAKING, woo, c-c 2 weeks 1 day ago
- Poor, poor insects ;) 2 weeks 5 days ago
- Dunno 2 weeks 5 days ago
- All you need to do is 3 weeks 22 hours ago