The Saturday Evening Post have dug up the Mad Men Era Ads that once ran in the post, as a reminder that they are America’s oldest magazine, and they are big fans of Mad Men on AMC. The ads are delightfully bold in color, graphic in their use of white space, and stereotypical with their gender norms, which is what the sixties suburbia was all about. A coffee that is "husband pleasing", a smoke that ain't too dry but just right? Thems were the days. It's quite fun to look through, so give it a whirl. And if you are a Mad Men fan here's a bonus, The Saturday evening Post interviews creator Matt Weiner too.
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- That's... I mean shouldn't it 10 hours 13 min ago
- My thoughts exactly! It only 13 hours 18 min ago
- Note too, that this tactic of 18 hours 27 min ago
- I want to read Bizarro 1 day 2 hours ago
- I may be short, but I still 1 day 2 hours ago
- David, forgive the pun, but 1 day 4 hours ago
- While I think you've turned 1 day 5 hours ago
- Giraffe crunchies! Yum! 1 day 5 hours ago
- Pause the ad when he is in 1 day 7 hours ago
- David, I'll be the first to 21 hours 24 min ago
- I think it's sending out a 1 day 8 hours ago
- This ad doesn't bother me at 1 day 8 hours ago