Copywriters get to have final word on how exactly something should be said in any given ad, that is until the ASA listens to it. This British Gas advert which aired in December last year has been banned for "Implying that British Gas would attend same day call-outs, even over Christmas". The phrasing that set complaints off was : "You can reach us every day. Even over Christmas.", in combo with a cute animated British Gas car pulling up to help the house owner in the ad with the broken boiler.
British gas disputed the complaint, saying that they wanted the ad to show that they deal with queries every day, even on christmas - thing is, the british gas truck doesn't show up quite as fast as the ad implies.
- If she's in her twenties it's 11 hours 48 min ago
- When I see a woman drinking 12 hours 32 min ago
- I can't stand the fact they 12 hours 33 min ago
- Yeah they loved the attention 13 hours 53 min ago
- They're gonna have really 14 hours 42 min ago
- Yeah shit ads kind of upsets 14 hours 56 min ago
- Looks like that ad really got 15 hours 51 min ago
- WOW! This is an incredible 3 days 18 hours ago
- A.) If you bothered reading 3 days 20 hours ago
- Are you an idiot? 3m Makes 4 days 5 hours ago
- I hate IPAs, too. 4 days 15 hours ago
- Looks great. WHY do IPA's get 4 days 16 hours ago