Stockholm is currently party-town with Stockholm Pride festival in full swing. Sweden's Channel five are tagging along by showing pride-related films like Transamerica, and TV shows like "Rick and Steve: The Happiest Gay Couple in All the World". Absolut Vodka have released a rainbow colored bottle which is prominently displayed in the Swedish state operated liquor stores - but that isn't due to the Prideparty in Stockholm, instead the rainbow bottle is to celebrate that it is 30 years ago that Gilbert Baker of San Francisco designed a flag with six stripes representing the six colours of the rainbow as a symbol of gay and lesbian community pride.
Meanwhile, lots of ads are being pulled due to homophobia or offending homosexual people.
First there was that Heinz "New York deli mom" ad kiss. Or rather - peck. Mom of the house - as always making lunch bags for the kids and the hubby in the kitchen where else would mom be? - has been replaced by a stereotypical Noo Yawka deli man. When Dad is about to rush off to work without kissing the missus, Noo Yawka Deliman says "hey, aren't you forgetting something?" and there is the kiss. 200 people missed the joke and reported the "gay kiss" as offensive and "inappropriate to see two men kissing". Heinz withdrew the ad and and apologised to viewers.
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- My thoughts exactly! It only 43 min 14 sec ago
- Note too, that this tactic of 5 hours 52 min ago
- I want to read Bizarro 14 hours 17 min ago
- I may be short, but I still 14 hours 19 min ago
- David, forgive the pun, but 16 hours 12 min ago
- While I think you've turned 16 hours 36 min ago
- Giraffe crunchies! Yum! 17 hours 23 min ago
- Pause the ad when he is in 18 hours 25 min ago
- David, I'll be the first to 8 hours 49 min ago
- I think it's sending out a 19 hours 38 min ago
- This ad doesn't bother me at 19 hours 48 min ago
- Ms. Ryan is awesome!! She 2 days 1 hour ago
This is just 1 out of more than 3.500 Super Bowl ads from the worlds largest Super Bowl Commercial Archive at adland.tv.