Stockholm is currently party-town with Stockholm Pride festival in full swing. Sweden's Channel five are tagging along by showing pride-related films like Transamerica, and TV shows like "Rick and Steve: The Happiest Gay Couple in All the World". Absolut Vodka have released a rainbow colored bottle which is prominently displayed in the Swedish state operated liquor stores - but that isn't due to the Prideparty in Stockholm, instead the rainbow bottle is to celebrate that it is 30 years ago that Gilbert Baker of San Francisco designed a flag with six stripes representing the six colours of the rainbow as a symbol of gay and lesbian community pride.
Meanwhile, lots of ads are being pulled due to homophobia or offending homosexual people.
First there was that Heinz "New York deli mom" ad kiss. Or rather - peck. Mom of the house - as always making lunch bags for the kids and the hubby in the kitchen where else would mom be? - has been replaced by a stereotypical Noo Yawka deli man. When Dad is about to rush off to work without kissing the missus, Noo Yawka Deliman says "hey, aren't you forgetting something?" and there is the kiss. 200 people missed the joke and reported the "gay kiss" as offensive and "inappropriate to see two men kissing". Heinz withdrew the ad and and apologised to viewers.
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- they even have the vertical 14 hours 59 min ago
- It is 2015. The Cannes awards 1 day 1 hour ago
- Here in America, the growers 1 day 15 hours ago
- You're not wrong, but 2 days 4 min ago
- It is too clever by half, and 2 days 3 hours ago
- Wow, Maud was quite the 2 days 4 hours ago
- The no regerts tattoo joke is 2 days 4 hours ago
- So no advertising agency was 2 days 4 hours ago
- "You bring the beer, I bring 2 days 4 hours ago
- Start with the boys..,.....I 2 days 7 hours ago
- Even worse is that the tattoo 2 days 16 hours ago
- This is an incredibly bad ad. 2 days 22 hours ago
Comments: 2 so farThis is just 1 out of more than 3.500 Super Bowl ads from the worlds largest Super Bowl Commercial Archive at adland.tv.