Reuters picks up a press release and headlines it: "Super Size Me" gets downsized by MTV", claiming that MTV has refused to air advertisements for documentary "Super Size Me"... Aaaah, but did they?
The Hollywood reporter hears out MTVs version of the story, where a spokeswoman said the channel suggested some edits of the commercial, but ultimately accepted the original version. What MTV couldn't stomach was a scene where Spurlock was vomiting - this from the channel that brought you Jackass. By MTV's account, IDP then withdrew the commercial, "and instead of submitting the commercial, they chose to put out a press release." Is this simply a PR-ploy?
- I've drunk that. Not 23 hours 6 min ago
- Don't see anything wrong with 23 hours 8 min ago
- very cool 1 day 1 hour ago
- This is so many layers of 1 day 3 hours ago
- Yeah the "protect your senses 1 day 14 hours ago
- Love the tagline, too. 1 day 14 hours ago
- There's an interview with 1 day 23 hours ago
- ha ha ha ha ha. +1 2 days 5 hours ago
- I would just like to state 2 days 6 hours ago
- Sam, "lets bring back 2 days 10 hours ago
- It has always disturbed me 2 days 11 hours ago
- Wouldn't they just spread the 2 days 13 hours ago