I feel for my old co-workers at Oriflame for being slapped with this ad-bannage. First off, Oriflame is a bit like Avon in that there are troops of independent salespeople, and they are all armed with the all powerful catalogue. This catalogue is distributed to 38 different countries and 3.5 million consultants.
There's a silly amount of meetings discussing every detail of a layout where top execs from several different countries will offer their invaluable input such as "we need more glamour, can you print glitter?" and "She needs to smile more" followed by "No, smiles don't sell in my country" followed by "In my country she needs to smile like Mona Lisa" and so on.
Provided you haven't turned skitzo during one of these many meetings you will soon enough (read: six months) have a layout that has turned into a mishmash of details and additions much like that "if microsoft designed Apple packaging" video. Despite all that, you manage to produce something... And then the Swedish Reklamombudsman bans it because the girls looks like a ballerina-girl and the boy looks like a tool-loving boy.. It's enough to drive an art director to drinking the kid-bodywash advertised.
- That was also a lovely bit of 32 min 2 sec ago
- "The Eternal September" lel 33 min 2 sec ago
- That's not a bad idea at all. 1 hour 29 min ago
- Apart from consumers dropping 1 hour 51 min ago
- Kids are exactly like this. 10 hours 9 min ago
- " WE HAVE A SITUATION!" 10 hours 11 min ago
- That high five at the end. Oh 10 hours 12 min ago
- So the local news just 10 hours 21 min ago
- Alexei Sayle, Dammit now I 2 days 3 hours ago
- Nah, my Dad is semi-retired; 2 days 8 hours ago
- I'm with you there. 2 days 8 hours ago
- I feel like the song needed a 2 days 8 hours ago