Copywriters get to have final word on how exactly something should be said in any given ad, that is until the ASA listens to it. This British Gas advert which aired in December last year has been banned for "Implying that British Gas would attend same day call-outs, even over Christmas". The phrasing that set complaints off was : "You can reach us every day. Even over Christmas.", in combo with a cute animated British Gas car pulling up to help the house owner in the ad with the broken boiler.
British gas disputed the complaint, saying that they wanted the ad to show that they deal with queries every day, even on christmas - thing is, the british gas truck doesn't show up quite as fast as the ad implies.
- The radio ads featuring 5 hours 24 min ago
- Welcome to advertising. Where 2 days 2 hours ago
- I'm shocked and very 2 days 4 hours ago
- Can't wait for Jezebel to get 2 days 15 hours ago
- Something like "made with 2 days 13 hours ago
- So it's referencing the 2 days 17 hours ago
- It is clear that the ads are 2 days 19 hours ago
- Sound design & mix on the 4 days 5 hours ago
- cool I just won £5, not gunna 4 days 8 hours ago
- I don't mind the spot itself. 4 days 9 hours ago
- If she's in her twenties it's 4 days 23 hours ago
- When I see a woman drinking 5 days 34 min ago