Stockholm is currently party-town with Stockholm Pride festival in full swing. Sweden's Channel five are tagging along by showing pride-related films like Transamerica, and TV shows like "Rick and Steve: The Happiest Gay Couple in All the World". Absolut Vodka have released a rainbow colored bottle which is prominently displayed in the Swedish state operated liquor stores - but that isn't due to the Prideparty in Stockholm, instead the rainbow bottle is to celebrate that it is 30 years ago that Gilbert Baker of San Francisco designed a flag with six stripes representing the six colours of the rainbow as a symbol of gay and lesbian community pride.
Meanwhile, lots of ads are being pulled due to homophobia or offending homosexual people.
First there was that Heinz "New York deli mom" ad kiss. Or rather - peck. Mom of the house - as always making lunch bags for the kids and the hubby in the kitchen where else would mom be? - has been replaced by a stereotypical Noo Yawka deli man. When Dad is about to rush off to work without kissing the missus, Noo Yawka Deliman says "hey, aren't you forgetting something?" and there is the kiss. 200 people missed the joke and reported the "gay kiss" as offensive and "inappropriate to see two men kissing". Heinz withdrew the ad and and apologised to viewers.
- I checked her Twitter.. All I 1 sec ago
- I support adobe, anti 1 hour 57 min ago
- GamerGate complaints about 3 hours 28 min ago
- FYI: I've phoned Mercedes PR 3 hours 11 min ago
- Honestly, the whole gamergate 3 hours 34 min ago
- Correction: The Mercedes 58 min 36 sec ago
- This has gone so far beyond 5 hours 4 sec ago
- If you did grow up in the 60 1 day 11 hours ago
- I reference the graduate in 1 day 11 hours ago
- Thanks for letting everyone 2 days 4 hours ago
- Offensive? Sexist? Rude? As a 2 days 7 hours ago
- You could do better at 2 days 9 hours ago