Stockholm is currently party-town with Stockholm Pride festival in full swing. Sweden's Channel five are tagging along by showing pride-related films like Transamerica, and TV shows like "Rick and Steve: The Happiest Gay Couple in All the World". Absolut Vodka have released a rainbow colored bottle which is prominently displayed in the Swedish state operated liquor stores - but that isn't due to the Prideparty in Stockholm, instead the rainbow bottle is to celebrate that it is 30 years ago that Gilbert Baker of San Francisco designed a flag with six stripes representing the six colours of the rainbow as a symbol of gay and lesbian community pride.
Meanwhile, lots of ads are being pulled due to homophobia or offending homosexual people.
First there was that Heinz "New York deli mom" ad kiss. Or rather - peck. Mom of the house - as always making lunch bags for the kids and the hubby in the kitchen where else would mom be? - has been replaced by a stereotypical Noo Yawka deli man. When Dad is about to rush off to work without kissing the missus, Noo Yawka Deliman says "hey, aren't you forgetting something?" and there is the kiss. 200 people missed the joke and reported the "gay kiss" as offensive and "inappropriate to see two men kissing". Heinz withdrew the ad and and apologised to viewers.
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- You know, I didn't see this 1 hour 34 sec ago
- I'm pretty stunned that so 4 hours 29 min ago
- Offensive commercials. I 9 hours 3 min ago
- Contrary to what you think 9 hours 24 min ago
- The ad continues to run and 9 hours 34 min ago
- I'm digging it, so where do I 13 hours 17 min ago
- His Anonymouso, and welcome. 13 hours 33 min ago
- The "butt hurt," to use your 15 hours 17 min ago
- "If you happen to be pro-life 15 hours 56 min ago
- Your concern for the 1 day 14 min ago
- I HATE these commercials. It 1 day 11 hours ago
- This is the most irritating 1 day 13 hours ago