As if to cement it's mythical cult status Cillit Bang has lucked out completely and gotten their ad banned by the ASA.
It is the scene with the penny that is causing trouble, the advert claims that it can make "an old penny good as new" in only 15 seconds. The Advertising Standards Agency said the claim was "exaggerated" and that the advert was "oversimplified and misleading". It ruled it must not be shown again in that form. The Cillit Bang company defended itself by saying that the voiceover unintentionally "oversimplified the chemistry". Too little too late.
Cillit Bang's logo is available on a range of badges and t-shirts as ironic hipster kid gear, and will probably only become more hip now.
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- When you do hire, make sure 1 hour 8 min ago
- Sounds like it's just Stefan 7 hours 12 min ago
- Ha ha ha! 15 hours 57 min ago
- It would appear that 1 day 16 hours ago
- Just to preempt any derails, 1 day 17 hours ago
- While I love some of it, such 6 days 15 hours ago
- Advertising people take note: 1 week 1 day ago
- The smiley face. o_0 1 week 1 day ago
- Points for finding some 2 weeks 1 day ago
- Amanda Palmer is glutinous? 2 weeks 2 days ago
- Adriana doesn't even stay to 2 weeks 2 days ago
- I imagine the minute she left 2 weeks 2 days ago