When the movie Swingers was released in 1996 the script and the story brought out the best from the actors in it and propelled them all to big time Hollywood fame. One hilarious scene in Swingers was when Jon Favreau's character "Mike" leaves increasingly pathetic messages on "Nikki's" answering machine, as the machine keeps cutting him off. (scene here). Mastercard has just released a commercial where the scene is nearly identical, right down to the character's names, Mike and Nikki. Tut tut McCann-Erickson, did you really think the world wouldn't notice? Is this an intentional homage (considering the names) or just a lazy rip-off? You decide.
Super adgrunts view the ad in the commercial archive
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- It would appear that 22 hours 26 min ago
- Just to preempt any derails, 23 hours 15 min ago
- While I love some of it, such 5 days 21 hours ago
- Advertising people take note: 1 week 13 hours ago
- The smiley face. o_0 1 week 17 hours ago
- Points for finding some 2 weeks 1 day ago
- Amanda Palmer is glutinous? 2 weeks 1 day ago
- Adriana doesn't even stay to 2 weeks 2 days ago
- I imagine the minute she left 2 weeks 2 days ago
- Brilliant ads conceived by 2 weeks 5 days ago
- I TOTALLY NEED COFFE-SHOT! 1 week 5 days ago
- That guy is SHAKING, woo, c-c 3 weeks 1 day ago