When the movie Swingers was released in 1996 the script and the story brought out the best from the actors in it and propelled them all to big time Hollywood fame. One hilarious scene in Swingers was when Jon Favreau's character "Mike" leaves increasingly pathetic messages on "Nikki's" answering machine, as the machine keeps cutting him off. (scene here). Mastercard has just released a commercial where the scene is nearly identical, right down to the character's names, Mike and Nikki. Tut tut McCann-Erickson, did you really think the world wouldn't notice? Is this an intentional homage (considering the names) or just a lazy rip-off? You decide.
Super adgrunts view the ad in the commercial archive
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- While I love some of it, such 12 hours 2 min ago
- Advertising people take note: 2 days 3 hours ago
- The smiley face. o_0 2 days 8 hours ago
- Points for finding some 1 week 2 days ago
- Amanda Palmer is glutinous? 1 week 3 days ago
- Adriana doesn't even stay to 1 week 3 days ago
- I imagine the minute she left 1 week 3 days ago
- Brilliant ads conceived by 1 week 6 days ago
- I TOTALLY NEED COFFE-SHOT! 1 week 9 hours ago
- That guy is SHAKING, woo, c-c 2 weeks 2 days ago
- Poor, poor insects ;) 2 weeks 6 days ago
- Dunno 2 weeks 6 days ago