The Newspaper Marketing Agency ad nicknamed "killer heels", created by TBWA London, which shows a man spiked on a stiletto has been banned by the ever vigilant watchdog ASA.
The ad received 81 complaints it was offensively sexist and overly violent. The ASA said about the ad "featuring an oversized stiletto-heeled shoe skewering a businessman in a pool of blood was offensive because it trivialised and stylised violence." Despite the visual pun being 'cartoon-like' to avoid offence, people objected to the ad. "The advertisers claimed that, because the image was removed from reality and in a fashion context, it would not be seen to condone or encourage violence or homicide" the ASA said... And probably added under their breath "boy we're they wrong..." (to see it, read more as usual)
This is just 1 out of more than 3.500 Super Bowl ads from the worlds largest Super Bowl Commercial Archive at adland.tv.
- This song is sooooooooo 18 hours 32 min ago
- This is great! 2 days 12 hours ago
- Hahaha! This is really good. 2 days 14 hours ago
- I've drunk that. Not 3 days 22 hours ago
- Don't see anything wrong with 3 days 22 hours ago
- very cool 4 days 1 hour ago
- This is so many layers of 4 days 3 hours ago
- Yeah the "protect your senses 4 days 13 hours ago
- Love the tagline, too. 4 days 14 hours ago
- There's an interview with 4 days 22 hours ago
- ha ha ha ha ha. +1 5 days 4 hours ago
- I would just like to state 5 days 5 hours ago