Copywriters get to have final word on how exactly something should be said in any given ad, that is until the ASA listens to it. This British Gas advert which aired in December last year has been banned for "Implying that British Gas would attend same day call-outs, even over Christmas". The phrasing that set complaints off was : "You can reach us every day. Even over Christmas.", in combo with a cute animated British Gas car pulling up to help the house owner in the ad with the broken boiler.
British gas disputed the complaint, saying that they wanted the ad to show that they deal with queries every day, even on christmas - thing is, the british gas truck doesn't show up quite as fast as the ad implies.
- Only in New York State, 23 hours 31 min ago
- ^ accurate 23 hours 32 min ago
- I think we can update this 23 hours 48 min ago
- You know I voted in the USA 23 hours 56 min ago
- This aired during the Super 23 hours 58 min ago
- Absolutely thoughtless 1 day 4 hours ago
- I can't wait to read the 1 day 20 hours ago
- Need to note that I also love 2 days 4 hours ago
- If you really think about it, 2 days 4 hours ago
- Just saw this. It aired at 2 days 5 hours ago
- It is a story instead of 2 days 12 hours ago
- Their "bey" tweet felt so 2 days 20 hours ago