Copywriters get to have final word on how exactly something should be said in any given ad, that is until the ASA listens to it. This British Gas advert which aired in December last year has been banned for "Implying that British Gas would attend same day call-outs, even over Christmas". The phrasing that set complaints off was : "You can reach us every day. Even over Christmas.", in combo with a cute animated British Gas car pulling up to help the house owner in the ad with the broken boiler.
British gas disputed the complaint, saying that they wanted the ad to show that they deal with queries every day, even on christmas - thing is, the british gas truck doesn't show up quite as fast as the ad implies.
- "This is the Nite" by the 8 min 12 sec ago
- Anyone know the name of this 20 min 10 sec ago
- Harsh, in-your-face, social 1 hour 49 min ago
- Wow. That was powerful. In 1 hour 57 min ago
- I think the girl performed a 1 hour 58 min ago
- It may not be a novel idea, 1 hour 59 min ago
- I love to pitch ideas, to see 2 hours 4 min ago
- I went to art school in 2 hours 9 min ago
- It's an amazing paragraph for 2 hours 22 min ago
- I am really loving the theme 2 hours 24 min ago
- Hehehe. And they got paid for 2 hours 24 min ago
- puppymonkeybaby 2 hours 27 min ago