Copywriters get to have final word on how exactly something should be said in any given ad, that is until the ASA listens to it. This British Gas advert which aired in December last year has been banned for "Implying that British Gas would attend same day call-outs, even over Christmas". The phrasing that set complaints off was : "You can reach us every day. Even over Christmas.", in combo with a cute animated British Gas car pulling up to help the house owner in the ad with the broken boiler.
British gas disputed the complaint, saying that they wanted the ad to show that they deal with queries every day, even on christmas - thing is, the british gas truck doesn't show up quite as fast as the ad implies.
- Bob sez: YOU don't think the 1 hour 1 min ago
- Oh yes, the "If you're going 1 hour 22 min ago
- This sorta reminds me of that 2 hours 6 min ago
- CHEERS TO THAT! 2 hours 42 min ago
- It did linger lovingly on 4 hours 48 min ago
- This site crashed my 5 hours 25 min ago
- What did NARAL think? Another 6 hours 31 min ago
- What did NARAL think? Really, 6 hours 36 min ago
- What did NARAL think? Hey, 6 hours 48 min ago
- What did NARAL think? . 6 hours 50 min ago
- What did NARAL think? .@Audi 6 hours 52 min ago
- You're right of course, this 7 hours 3 min ago