The Newspaper Marketing Agency ad nicknamed "killer heels", created by TBWA London, which shows a man spiked on a stiletto has been banned by the ever vigilant watchdog ASA.
The ad received 81 complaints it was offensively sexist and overly violent. The ASA said about the ad "featuring an oversized stiletto-heeled shoe skewering a businessman in a pool of blood was offensive because it trivialised and stylised violence." Despite the visual pun being 'cartoon-like' to avoid offence, people objected to the ad. "The advertisers claimed that, because the image was removed from reality and in a fashion context, it would not be seen to condone or encourage violence or homicide" the ASA said... And probably added under their breath "boy we're they wrong..." (to see it, read more as usual)
Comments: 6 so farThis is just 1 out of more than 3.500 Super Bowl ads from the worlds largest Super Bowl Commercial Archive at adland.tv.
- This is great! 1 hour 4 min ago
- Hahaha! This is really good. 2 hours 23 min ago
- I've drunk that. Not 1 day 10 hours ago
- Don't see anything wrong with 1 day 10 hours ago
- very cool 1 day 13 hours ago
- This is so many layers of 1 day 15 hours ago
- Yeah the "protect your senses 2 days 1 hour ago
- Love the tagline, too. 2 days 2 hours ago
- There's an interview with 2 days 10 hours ago
- ha ha ha ha ha. +1 2 days 17 hours ago
- I would just like to state 2 days 17 hours ago
- Sam, "lets bring back 2 days 21 hours ago