The ASA have banned the ad for the Anti-Terrorist Hotline on the ground it is seriously offensive and makes an undue appeal to fear - thems my cliff notes kids, you can read the full verdict under the link. Radio adverts that make "He likes to keep himself to himself" seem like insta-terrorists are indeed very creepy, and this particular example crossed a line - probably because most UK men who like to keep to themselves recognized their own behavior. I'm a bit miffed there's no hotline for me to call regarding the man at the end of the street here, who has parties at all hours, pays by credit card because he never has any money and in is in perpetual debt, never draws the blind because he hopes to flaunt his wiggly bits to teenage girls who pass by on the local bus route.
This is just 1 out of more than 3.500 Super Bowl ads from the worlds largest Super Bowl Commercial Archive at adland.tv.
- Alexei Sayle, Dammit now I 1 day 6 hours ago
- Nah, my Dad is semi-retired; 1 day 11 hours ago
- I'm with you there. 1 day 11 hours ago
- I feel like the song needed a 1 day 11 hours ago
- If they'd made it less 1 day 14 hours ago
- I'm highly offended at this 1 day 23 hours ago
- > it's going to take several 2 days 4 hours ago
- There's an interesting 2 days 9 hours ago
- So I'm not the only one who 2 days 9 hours ago
- I'm pleased to discover that 2 days 18 hours ago
- Funny. That looked pretty 3 days 6 hours ago
- A month late, yo. #Epicstrut. 3 days 9 hours ago