The ASA have banned the ad for the Anti-Terrorist Hotline on the ground it is seriously offensive and makes an undue appeal to fear - thems my cliff notes kids, you can read the full verdict under the link. Radio adverts that make "He likes to keep himself to himself" seem like insta-terrorists are indeed very creepy, and this particular example crossed a line - probably because most UK men who like to keep to themselves recognized their own behavior. I'm a bit miffed there's no hotline for me to call regarding the man at the end of the street here, who has parties at all hours, pays by credit card because he never has any money and in is in perpetual debt, never draws the blind because he hopes to flaunt his wiggly bits to teenage girls who pass by on the local bus route.
This is just 1 out of more than 3.500 Super Bowl ads from the worlds largest Super Bowl Commercial Archive at adland.tv.
- Athlete’s foot is caused by 1 hour 9 min ago
- Nice! 2 hours 4 min ago
- Being pedantic, it's an Ian 3 hours 40 min ago
- The world of mobile 5 hours 25 min ago
- This post provides clear idea 7 hours 52 min ago
- Alexei Sayle, Dammit now I 23 hours 36 min ago
- Nah, my Dad is semi-retired; 1 day 4 hours ago
- I'm with you there. 1 day 4 hours ago
- I feel like the song needed a 1 day 5 hours ago
- If they'd made it less 1 day 7 hours ago
- I'm highly offended at this 1 day 16 hours ago
- > it's going to take several 1 day 21 hours ago