Copywriters get to have final word on how exactly something should be said in any given ad, that is until the ASA listens to it. This British Gas advert which aired in December last year has been banned for "Implying that British Gas would attend same day call-outs, even over Christmas". The phrasing that set complaints off was : "You can reach us every day. Even over Christmas.", in combo with a cute animated British Gas car pulling up to help the house owner in the ad with the broken boiler.
British gas disputed the complaint, saying that they wanted the ad to show that they deal with queries every day, even on christmas - thing is, the british gas truck doesn't show up quite as fast as the ad implies.
- Ive seen this exactly, while 9 hours 32 min ago
- what is the song they used. 9 hours 40 min ago
- You're right, it is boring. 9 hours 54 min ago
- Who knows, maybe it's the 10 hours 6 min ago
- Imagine this with straight 14 hours 59 min ago
- Maybe this says more about my 15 hours 26 min ago
- That's a karate outfit, but I 15 hours 36 min ago
- This reminds me why I got 15 hours 38 min ago
- Thanks Mike. 1 day 8 hours ago
- Hahahaha! *high fives Henrik, 1 day 8 hours ago
- That is embarrassing. Saatchi 1 day 11 hours ago
- They forgot the "NOT BEER" 1 day 12 hours ago