The ASA have banned the ad for the Anti-Terrorist Hotline on the ground it is seriously offensive and makes an undue appeal to fear - thems my cliff notes kids, you can read the full verdict under the link. Radio adverts that make "He likes to keep himself to himself" seem like insta-terrorists are indeed very creepy, and this particular example crossed a line - probably because most UK men who like to keep to themselves recognized their own behavior. I'm a bit miffed there's no hotline for me to call regarding the man at the end of the street here, who has parties at all hours, pays by credit card because he never has any money and in is in perpetual debt, never draws the blind because he hopes to flaunt his wiggly bits to teenage girls who pass by on the local bus route.
This is just 1 out of more than 3.500 Super Bowl ads from the worlds largest Super Bowl Commercial Archive at adland.tv.
- Great post. Thank you very 30 min 27 sec ago
- That's not a bad idea at all. 40 min 55 sec ago
- Apart from consumers dropping 1 hour 2 min ago
- Kids are exactly like this. 9 hours 20 min ago
- " WE HAVE A SITUATION!" 9 hours 22 min ago
- That high five at the end. Oh 9 hours 24 min ago
- So the local news just 9 hours 32 min ago
- Alexei Sayle, Dammit now I 2 days 2 hours ago
- Nah, my Dad is semi-retired; 2 days 7 hours ago
- I'm with you there. 2 days 7 hours ago
- I feel like the song needed a 2 days 7 hours ago
- If they'd made it less 2 days 10 hours ago