Copywriters get to have final word on how exactly something should be said in any given ad, that is until the ASA listens to it. This British Gas advert which aired in December last year has been banned for "Implying that British Gas would attend same day call-outs, even over Christmas". The phrasing that set complaints off was : "You can reach us every day. Even over Christmas.", in combo with a cute animated British Gas car pulling up to help the house owner in the ad with the broken boiler.
British gas disputed the complaint, saying that they wanted the ad to show that they deal with queries every day, even on christmas - thing is, the british gas truck doesn't show up quite as fast as the ad implies.
- Boom Beach hack 37 min 37 sec ago
- Can't wait for Jezebel to get 2 hours 41 min ago
- Something like "made with 46 min 32 sec ago
- So it's referencing the 5 hours 22 min ago
- It is clear that the ads are 6 hours 52 min ago
- Sound design & mix on the 1 day 17 hours ago
- cool I just won £5, not gunna 1 day 20 hours ago
- I don't mind the spot itself. 1 day 20 hours ago
- If she's in her twenties it's 2 days 11 hours ago
- When I see a woman drinking 2 days 12 hours ago
- I can't stand the fact they 2 days 12 hours ago
- Yeah they loved the attention 2 days 13 hours ago