Copywriters get to have final word on how exactly something should be said in any given ad, that is until the ASA listens to it. This British Gas advert which aired in December last year has been banned for "Implying that British Gas would attend same day call-outs, even over Christmas". The phrasing that set complaints off was : "You can reach us every day. Even over Christmas.", in combo with a cute animated British Gas car pulling up to help the house owner in the ad with the broken boiler.
British gas disputed the complaint, saying that they wanted the ad to show that they deal with queries every day, even on christmas - thing is, the british gas truck doesn't show up quite as fast as the ad implies.
Comments: 1 so farThis is just 1 ad from the 44 years in the worlds largest Super Bowl Commercial Archive at adland
- Yes, like Clayton siad: 1 hour 8 min ago
- "Use the looofa Loofa loofa 1 hour 25 min ago
- I preferred this ad over the 1 hour 47 min ago
- I said this on Twitter when 1 hour 51 min ago
- This is so true. 2 hours 34 min ago
- I totally missed this ad in 2 hours 35 min ago
- Hahaha, still it's very cute. 2 hours 45 min ago
- THIS WAS THE NEXT RATIONAL 7 hours 30 min ago
- The reaction is obviously 7 hours 32 min ago
- Brands can't own love any 7 hours 44 min ago
- Only a second? :( 11 hours 36 min ago
- "This is the Nite" by the 13 hours 53 min ago