When the movie Swingers was released in 1996 the script and the story brought out the best from the actors in it and propelled them all to big time Hollywood fame. One hilarious scene in Swingers was when Jon Favreau's character "Mike" leaves increasingly pathetic messages on "Nikki's" answering machine, as the machine keeps cutting him off. (scene here). Mastercard has just released a commercial where the scene is nearly identical, right down to the character's names, Mike and Nikki. Tut tut McCann-Erickson, did you really think the world wouldn't notice? Is this an intentional homage (considering the names) or just a lazy rip-off? You decide.
Super adgrunts view the ad in the commercial archive
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- "sugar on sugar" - accurate: 5 hours 37 min ago
- Hunger games reference, funny 5 hours 45 min ago
- There's one example. 1 day 46 min ago
- I was a member of a pretty 1 day 5 hours ago
- "Basically I think the ad is 1 day 5 hours ago
- Sorry KS, but I'm going to 1 day 9 hours ago
- >functioning alcoholic who 2 days 5 hours ago
- This seems like so incredibly 2 days 13 hours ago
- In December I'm moving to 2 days 16 hours ago
- The commercial would have 3 days 10 hours ago
- I can not stand the shots of 3 days 14 hours ago
- is this pittsburgh steeler in 3 days 17 hours ago