Copywriters get to have final word on how exactly something should be said in any given ad, that is until the ASA listens to it. This British Gas advert which aired in December last year has been banned for "Implying that British Gas would attend same day call-outs, even over Christmas". The phrasing that set complaints off was : "You can reach us every day. Even over Christmas.", in combo with a cute animated British Gas car pulling up to help the house owner in the ad with the broken boiler.
British gas disputed the complaint, saying that they wanted the ad to show that they deal with queries every day, even on christmas - thing is, the british gas truck doesn't show up quite as fast as the ad implies.
- Need to note that I also love 6 hours 42 min ago
- If you really think about it, 7 hours 9 min ago
- Just saw this. It aired at 7 hours 23 min ago
- It is a story instead of 15 hours 12 min ago
- Their "bey" tweet felt so 23 hours 6 min ago
- Didn't Chevy already do this? 1 day 35 min ago
- Ouch! 1 day 8 hours ago
- On first viewing I was 1 day 14 hours ago
- It's late, I'm killing time, 1 day 15 hours ago
- It's difficult to fail with 1 day 9 hours ago
- For what it's worth, it's my 1 day 19 hours ago
- I might have seen something 1 day 19 hours ago