Stockholm is currently party-town with Stockholm Pride festival in full swing. Sweden's Channel five are tagging along by showing pride-related films like Transamerica, and TV shows like "Rick and Steve: The Happiest Gay Couple in All the World". Absolut Vodka have released a rainbow colored bottle which is prominently displayed in the Swedish state operated liquor stores - but that isn't due to the Prideparty in Stockholm, instead the rainbow bottle is to celebrate that it is 30 years ago that Gilbert Baker of San Francisco designed a flag with six stripes representing the six colours of the rainbow as a symbol of gay and lesbian community pride.
Meanwhile, lots of ads are being pulled due to homophobia or offending homosexual people.
First there was that Heinz "New York deli mom" ad kiss. Or rather - peck. Mom of the house - as always making lunch bags for the kids and the hubby in the kitchen where else would mom be? - has been replaced by a stereotypical Noo Yawka deli man. When Dad is about to rush off to work without kissing the missus, Noo Yawka Deliman says "hey, aren't you forgetting something?" and there is the kiss. 200 people missed the joke and reported the "gay kiss" as offensive and "inappropriate to see two men kissing". Heinz withdrew the ad and and apologised to viewers.
- Thanks for letting everyone 8 hours 20 min ago
- Offensive? Sexist? Rude? As a 12 hours 7 min ago
- You could do better at 13 hours 12 min ago
- For several years this man 13 hours 14 min ago
- That was great. A real 18 hours 37 min ago
- Moral hysteria is amongst the 22 hours 51 min ago
- Thanks for your sensible take 1 day 2 hours ago
- Do you happen to have any 1 day 3 hours ago
- Thank you for this article. 1 day 7 hours ago
- I'm so pleased other people 1 day 14 hours ago
- Another great article. Very 1 day 14 hours ago
- I 100% agree. I don't care 1 day 16 hours ago