Stockholm is currently party-town with Stockholm Pride festival in full swing. Sweden's Channel five are tagging along by showing pride-related films like Transamerica, and TV shows like "Rick and Steve: The Happiest Gay Couple in All the World". Absolut Vodka have released a rainbow colored bottle which is prominently displayed in the Swedish state operated liquor stores - but that isn't due to the Prideparty in Stockholm, instead the rainbow bottle is to celebrate that it is 30 years ago that Gilbert Baker of San Francisco designed a flag with six stripes representing the six colours of the rainbow as a symbol of gay and lesbian community pride.
Meanwhile, lots of ads are being pulled due to homophobia or offending homosexual people.
First there was that Heinz "New York deli mom" ad kiss. Or rather - peck. Mom of the house - as always making lunch bags for the kids and the hubby in the kitchen where else would mom be? - has been replaced by a stereotypical Noo Yawka deli man. When Dad is about to rush off to work without kissing the missus, Noo Yawka Deliman says "hey, aren't you forgetting something?" and there is the kiss. 200 people missed the joke and reported the "gay kiss" as offensive and "inappropriate to see two men kissing". Heinz withdrew the ad and and apologised to viewers.
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- There are now only 224,018 8 hours 38 min ago
- I believe our current outrage 9 hours 31 sec ago
- HATE this ad. Annoying and 18 hours 8 min ago
- Never mind... didn't watch it 22 hours 49 min ago
- Are you freaking kidding me 22 hours 50 min ago
- You know, I didn't see this 1 day 6 hours ago
- I'm pretty stunned that so 1 day 9 hours ago
- Offensive commercials. I 1 day 14 hours ago
- Contrary to what you think 1 day 14 hours ago
- The ad continues to run and 1 day 15 hours ago
- I'm digging it, so where do I 1 day 18 hours ago
- His Anonymouso, and welcome. 1 day 19 hours ago