The Newspaper Marketing Agency ad nicknamed "killer heels", created by TBWA London, which shows a man spiked on a stiletto has been banned by the ever vigilant watchdog ASA.
The ad received 81 complaints it was offensively sexist and overly violent. The ASA said about the ad "featuring an oversized stiletto-heeled shoe skewering a businessman in a pool of blood was offensive because it trivialised and stylised violence." Despite the visual pun being 'cartoon-like' to avoid offence, people objected to the ad. "The advertisers claimed that, because the image was removed from reality and in a fashion context, it would not be seen to condone or encourage violence or homicide" the ASA said... And probably added under their breath "boy we're they wrong..." (to see it, read more as usual)
Comments: 2 so farThis is just 1 out of more than 3.500 Super Bowl ads from the worlds largest Super Bowl Commercial Archive at adland.tv.
- I would just like to state 12 min 29 sec ago
- Sam, "lets bring back 3 hours 54 min ago
- It has always disturbed me 5 hours 46 min ago
- Wouldn't they just spread the 7 hours 40 min ago
- You might enjoy reading Bovy 7 hours 51 min ago
- That was also a lovely bit of 8 hours 44 min ago
- "The Eternal September" lel 8 hours 45 min ago
- That's not a bad idea at all. 9 hours 42 min ago
- Apart from consumers dropping 10 hours 4 min ago
- Kids are exactly like this. 18 hours 21 min ago
- " WE HAVE A SITUATION!" 18 hours 23 min ago
- That high five at the end. Oh 18 hours 25 min ago