Copywriters get to have final word on how exactly something should be said in any given ad, that is until the ASA listens to it. This British Gas advert which aired in December last year has been banned for "Implying that British Gas would attend same day call-outs, even over Christmas". The phrasing that set complaints off was : "You can reach us every day. Even over Christmas.", in combo with a cute animated British Gas car pulling up to help the house owner in the ad with the broken boiler.
British gas disputed the complaint, saying that they wanted the ad to show that they deal with queries every day, even on christmas - thing is, the british gas truck doesn't show up quite as fast as the ad implies.
- It is a story instead of 7 hours 2 min ago
- Their "bey" tweet felt so 14 hours 55 min ago
- Didn't Chevy already do this? 16 hours 25 min ago
- Ouch! 1 day 30 min ago
- On first viewing I was 1 day 6 hours ago
- It's late, I'm killing time, 1 day 7 hours ago
- It's difficult to fail with 1 day 1 hour ago
- For what it's worth, it's my 1 day 11 hours ago
- I might have seen something 1 day 11 hours ago
- Bob sez: YOU don't think the 1 day 12 hours ago
- Oh yes, the "If you're going 1 day 13 hours ago
- This sorta reminds me of that 1 day 13 hours ago