As if to cement it's mythical cult status Cillit Bang has lucked out completely and gotten their ad banned by the ASA.
It is the scene with the penny that is causing trouble, the advert claims that it can make "an old penny good as new" in only 15 seconds. The Advertising Standards Agency said the claim was "exaggerated" and that the advert was "oversimplified and misleading". It ruled it must not be shown again in that form. The Cillit Bang company defended itself by saying that the voiceover unintentionally "oversimplified the chemistry". Too little too late.
Cillit Bang's logo is available on a range of badges and t-shirts as ironic hipster kid gear, and will probably only become more hip now.
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- It would appear that 12 hours 3 min ago
- Just to preempt any derails, 12 hours 52 min ago
- While I love some of it, such 5 days 11 hours ago
- Advertising people take note: 1 week 3 hours ago
- The smiley face. o_0 1 week 7 hours ago
- Points for finding some 2 weeks 15 hours ago
- Amanda Palmer is glutinous? 2 weeks 1 day ago
- Adriana doesn't even stay to 2 weeks 1 day ago
- I imagine the minute she left 2 weeks 1 day ago
- Brilliant ads conceived by 2 weeks 4 days ago
- I TOTALLY NEED COFFE-SHOT! 1 week 5 days ago
- That guy is SHAKING, woo, c-c 3 weeks 17 hours ago