Reuters picks up a press release and headlines it: "Super Size Me" gets downsized by MTV", claiming that MTV has refused to air advertisements for documentary "Super Size Me"... Aaaah, but did they?
The Hollywood reporter hears out MTVs version of the story, where a spokeswoman said the channel suggested some edits of the commercial, but ultimately accepted the original version. What MTV couldn't stomach was a scene where Spurlock was vomiting - this from the channel that brought you Jackass. By MTV's account, IDP then withdrew the commercial, "and instead of submitting the commercial, they chose to put out a press release." Is this simply a PR-ploy?
Comments: 2 so farThis is just 1 out of more than 3.500 Super Bowl ads from the worlds largest Super Bowl Commercial Archive at adland.tv.
- Apart from consumers dropping 12 min 27 sec ago
- Kids are exactly like this. 8 hours 30 min ago
- " WE HAVE A SITUATION!" 8 hours 31 min ago
- That high five at the end. Oh 8 hours 33 min ago
- So the local news just 8 hours 41 min ago
- Alexei Sayle, Dammit now I 2 days 1 hour ago
- Nah, my Dad is semi-retired; 2 days 6 hours ago
- I'm with you there. 2 days 6 hours ago
- I feel like the song needed a 2 days 7 hours ago
- If they'd made it less 2 days 9 hours ago
- I'm highly offended at this 2 days 18 hours ago
- > it's going to take several 2 days 23 hours ago