Copywriters get to have final word on how exactly something should be said in any given ad, that is until the ASA listens to it. This British Gas advert which aired in December last year has been banned for "Implying that British Gas would attend same day call-outs, even over Christmas". The phrasing that set complaints off was : "You can reach us every day. Even over Christmas.", in combo with a cute animated British Gas car pulling up to help the house owner in the ad with the broken boiler.
British gas disputed the complaint, saying that they wanted the ad to show that they deal with queries every day, even on christmas - thing is, the british gas truck doesn't show up quite as fast as the ad implies.
- cool I just won £5, not gunna 14 min 52 sec ago
- I don't mind the spot itself. 1 hour 7 min ago
- If she's in her twenties it's 15 hours 39 min ago
- When I see a woman drinking 16 hours 23 min ago
- I can't stand the fact they 16 hours 24 min ago
- Yeah they loved the attention 17 hours 44 min ago
- They're gonna have really 18 hours 34 min ago
- Yeah shit ads kind of upsets 18 hours 47 min ago
- Looks like that ad really got 19 hours 42 min ago
- WOW! This is an incredible 3 days 22 hours ago
- A.) If you bothered reading 4 days 27 min ago
- Are you an idiot? 3m Makes 4 days 9 hours ago