Copywriters get to have final word on how exactly something should be said in any given ad, that is until the ASA listens to it. This British Gas advert which aired in December last year has been banned for "Implying that British Gas would attend same day call-outs, even over Christmas". The phrasing that set complaints off was : "You can reach us every day. Even over Christmas.", in combo with a cute animated British Gas car pulling up to help the house owner in the ad with the broken boiler.
British gas disputed the complaint, saying that they wanted the ad to show that they deal with queries every day, even on christmas - thing is, the british gas truck doesn't show up quite as fast as the ad implies.
- AFAIK Stav doesn't identify 11 hours 41 min ago
- aaaawkwaaaaaaard. 1 day 13 hours ago
- Hello Brown University! Do 1 day 13 hours ago
- Only if you read it literally 1 day 19 hours ago
- This advertisement is a 1 day 20 hours ago
- I'm glad they meant that much 2 days 11 hours ago
- The radio ads featuring 2 days 22 hours ago
- Welcome to advertising. Where 4 days 20 hours ago
- I'm shocked and very 4 days 22 hours ago
- Can't wait for Jezebel to get 5 days 8 hours ago
- Something like "made with 5 days 6 hours ago
- So it's referencing the 5 days 11 hours ago