Copywriters get to have final word on how exactly something should be said in any given ad, that is until the ASA listens to it. This British Gas advert which aired in December last year has been banned for "Implying that British Gas would attend same day call-outs, even over Christmas". The phrasing that set complaints off was : "You can reach us every day. Even over Christmas.", in combo with a cute animated British Gas car pulling up to help the house owner in the ad with the broken boiler.
British gas disputed the complaint, saying that they wanted the ad to show that they deal with queries every day, even on christmas - thing is, the british gas truck doesn't show up quite as fast as the ad implies.
- I can't wait to read the 6 hours 10 min ago
- Need to note that I also love 13 hours 56 min ago
- If you really think about it, 14 hours 23 min ago
- Just saw this. It aired at 14 hours 37 min ago
- It is a story instead of 22 hours 26 min ago
- Their "bey" tweet felt so 1 day 6 hours ago
- Didn't Chevy already do this? 1 day 7 hours ago
- Ouch! 1 day 15 hours ago
- On first viewing I was 1 day 22 hours ago
- It's late, I'm killing time, 1 day 22 hours ago
- It's difficult to fail with 1 day 16 hours ago
- For what it's worth, it's my 2 days 2 hours ago