Copywriters get to have final word on how exactly something should be said in any given ad, that is until the ASA listens to it. This British Gas advert which aired in December last year has been banned for "Implying that British Gas would attend same day call-outs, even over Christmas". The phrasing that set complaints off was : "You can reach us every day. Even over Christmas.", in combo with a cute animated British Gas car pulling up to help the house owner in the ad with the broken boiler.
British gas disputed the complaint, saying that they wanted the ad to show that they deal with queries every day, even on christmas - thing is, the british gas truck doesn't show up quite as fast as the ad implies.
- Ive seen this exactly, while 21 hours 18 min ago
- what is the song they used. 21 hours 26 min ago
- You're right, it is boring. 21 hours 40 min ago
- Who knows, maybe it's the 21 hours 52 min ago
- Imagine this with straight 1 day 2 hours ago
- Maybe this says more about my 1 day 3 hours ago
- That's a karate outfit, but I 1 day 3 hours ago
- This reminds me why I got 1 day 3 hours ago
- Thanks Mike. 1 day 20 hours ago
- Hahahaha! *high fives Henrik, 1 day 20 hours ago
- That is embarrassing. Saatchi 1 day 23 hours ago
- They forgot the "NOT BEER" 1 day 23 hours ago