FAB / Fab.com - Touched - (2012) :60 (USA)

New Yorker notices the girlfriend has just arrived outside in a cab, and the tired old scenario of "my place is a mess" plays out with a twist. His place really isn't that much of a mess, in fact it's awesomely large and bright for any city, and the dude himself happens to have the FAB.com Midas touch. Yep. Everything he touches turns into a Fab design item. Girlfriend is impressed. I wonder if the potential new Fab customers will be, when they find that the site itself features the opposite of instant new designer gear gratification, as most items take 4-6 weeks of shipping. Yes. I said weeks. By that time designer-dude will have a new girlfriend. .... And Fab.com might possibly have to get a new ad, as more customers notice how unlike this scenario shopping on Fab.com is...

AD agency: Arnold Wordwide Creatives: Jolene Delisle, Jesse Packer Chief Creative Officer: Aaron Griffiths Broadcast Producers: Ken Kitch, Adam Perloff Account Management: Becky Mercer Business Affairs: Ann Marie Turbitt, Paula Cassi Director: Patrick Hughes Production Company: Rattling Stick Line Producer: Jeff Shupe Executive Producer: Jennifer Barrons Head of Production: Joe Biggins Editorial: Whitehouse Post Editor: Crandall Miller Assistant Editor: Tim Quackenbush Producer Marcia Wigley Executive Producer Lauren Hertzberg Visual Effects: Absolute VFX Supervisor: Nathan Kane VFX Producer: Melissa Stephano

Comments

• AnonymousCoward (not verified)
    October 04, 2012 07:07 PM

Hi - Jason Goldberg, CEO of Fab here.

Glad you like our first ad!

I wanted to let you know that we are literally investing millions to improve our ship times. We've been making fast improvements and 75% of items on Fab will ship in 1 to 5 days during the holidays.

• Dabitch
    October 04, 2012 07:44 PM

Good to know, as I need a couch.

• AnonymousCoward (not verified)
    October 11, 2012 07:27 PM

I'm sure Jason Goldberg is sincere with his comment, but I must point out that I was told the exact same thing over two months ago when I complained about shipping times. Correcting the shipping times is taking too long.

• kidsleepy
    October 11, 2012 08:02 PM

I received the same email from them, too. The longer it takes to work on the problem, the more customers will walk away.

• Doctor T (not verified)
    November 14, 2012 01:50 PM

After watching this commercial I am appalled that not only the advertising agency,but the company itself, thought any man would dance around his apartment decorating with pink alarm clocks & pastel furniture to impress a FEMALE date. As a member of the 18-34 year old heterosexual male demographic, all that commercial did was perfectly illustrate this website would never contain anything I wish to purchase.

• kidsleepy
    November 14, 2012 05:16 PM

I'm more appalled by how dumb the dude's acting is.

• AnonymousCoward (not verified)
    November 14, 2012 06:52 PM

Doctor T's comment could be summed up in one word: "Gay"

• AnonymousCoward (not verified)
    November 16, 2012 11:50 PM

The demographic for this commercial isn't 18-34 year old heterosexual men. Jeesh... use your brain.

• AnonymousCoward (not verified)
    November 26, 2012 06:18 AM

Who said 18-34 year old men were the target here? And it's not the agency's fault the company has shipping issues. I think this ad is really creative and I commend the agency and their creative department. Bravo.

• Dabitch
    November 26, 2012 11:06 PM

Dear AnonymousCoward (not verified) on 25. November, nobody said that it was the agencies fault that the company has shipping issues (that clearly a lot of people have experienced, just google FAB.COM SHIPPING SUCKS). I warned that perhaps showing the purchases as instant when reality is wait 4 to 6 weeks might be unwise. It is the companies weakest link, and the creative idea here is unwittingly exposing it. Remember, there's only one thing that can kill a product faster than bad advertising, and that's good advertising for a bad product. Also it seems that everyone is in agreement that this is indeed not targeted to 18-34 year old heterosexual men.

• Web Design Firm (not verified)
    January 10, 2013 01:59 PM

this is simply amazing i like the way you thoroughly wrote this.

• Cheerleader (not verified)
    February 03, 2013 06:51 PM

Hear hear! I totally agree with commending the ad agency. However the customer service side still needs the attention it deserves ... or there'll be no company to advertise.