Ad Chat - Ray Page
Did you miss us last week? Well, not to fret. We're back with Ray Page, Creative Director at Tribal DDB.
1. What's your favorite funny story about yourself?
i have a handful of impersonations that usually spark a smile or laugh...
2. What piece of art (movie, book, music, painting, etc) has influenced you most? How or why?
In my work, I practice restraint and strive to peel away all unnecessary elements that potentially interfere with a thought or experience. The Tufte books have always helped to remind and ground me to utilize only what's needed in a narrative or visual.
3. Who was your favorite mentor and why?
I've learned so much from many of the folks who I've had the opportunity of working with. I can say that I learned what it means to have character within the work environment from my former ECD John Livengood. I respect him for being able to navigate the waters between selling work, internal politics and most importantly, being human. Much respect.
4. What's one thing that excites you about the future of advertising?
The unknowns and experimentations around physical and digital experiences.
5. What’s your favorite website/blog, and why?
(browser based) love me some netvibes. love the ability to tailor my content in a meaningful and beautiful way.
6. What's your trick to break out of a creative block?
Exercise. Just get out and run or do some yoga.
7. Who is your advertising hero and why?
I'm not big on heroes, but stefan sagmeister always holds a place in my brain as being inspiring.
8. Tell us one of the things on your bucket list.
Nurture my network.
9. What piece of advice would you give someone starting out?
Work harder than you think you should and contrary to what you may think, you're not entitled to a damn thing. oh, keep experimenting and trying to break things.
Keep up with @raypage on Twitter.
Did you miss our past Ad Chats? Check them out:
Adam Pierno of Off Madison Ave.
Edward Boches of Mullen
Dirk Singer of Rabbit, UK
Gareth Kay of Goodby, Silverstein and Partners
Tim Brunelle of Hello Viking
Rob Schwartz of TBWA\Chiat\Day
Please donate to keep adland alive. The Super Bowl Collection is the worlds one and only. It costs a minor fortune to keep up. If you love our efforts, please donate to keep the archive alive. You may also sponsor us with a large banner, advertise yourself as you help save our common advertising history.
Want to join adland?
Create an adgrunt account for 6 USD.
- In actual fact amazing
10 min ago
- What is the name of the song
2 days 6 hours ago
- With this card, they're
2 days 11 hours ago
- Haha as well as "Why is it?"
2 days 18 hours ago
- This was all so much better
2 days 22 hours ago
- This wasn't an Abercrombie
3 days 15 hours ago
- This just makes me like
3 days 16 hours ago
- Ha haha, the way he snogs the
3 days 21 hours ago
- Speaking of cereal&feels,
3 days 22 hours ago
- Fair enough. You're not a
4 days 14 hours ago