AdLand Round Up 2004- Marketing, Controversies, Badland and more
From innovation to scandal, if it happened in advertising, we've probably got it mentioned here. Take a trip down memory lane and see if you can remember some of these exciting events.
(All commercials that require SuperAdGruntdom are marked with a "+")
Most Innovative Ads
New stuff taking the biz in wonderful directions.
* Subservient Chicken for Burger King
* 3D street chalk art used for ads.
* A car so cool it's made of ice.
* Nissan Maxima campaign is hot hot hot
* Post-it notes remind you to learn to scuba dive
* Jeep parks on the wall of Penn Plaza
Most Talked About Ads
Some ads just generate more press than others, usually because of some sort of controversy.
Best Marketing Ideas
The best ideas that made waves in the ad/marketing world.
Worst Marketing Ideas
Things that make you wonder what the heck they were thinking. Maybe they weren't.
Mistakes happen. Sometimes the mistakes get loads of press, and it becomes a lot harder to sidestep the doggy doo.
* Long John Silver's free shrimp for everyone promo
* N-Gage ads deemed "offensive" and "distressing"
* Crossdresser offends Finns & Lebanese
* Ford Ka Cat Update
* Gillette goofs away $1 million on razors for DNC attendees; razors confiscated
* Italians angry about 'smelly salami' posters.
* Is Stoli admitting to ghost ads at the last Cannes?
* Adidas swears by it.
New ideas that are strange and make us laugh.
Most Bizarre New Media
General weirdness running amok in adland.
Good Viral Ads/Internet Stuff
Some of the best of this newish ad media.