Now, the whole "spec work/portfolio work" floating around the web syndrome isn't great for the industry - you all know this don't you? We were just chatting about it in Spec work going around the web as real ads - is there any way to stop that? Should we even try? where the AD behind the outrageous Toyota Prius campaign at least credited a fake agency. But here, Sunil Sinbad seems to have found an ad produced by McCann India (according to credits) for Benetton. See Sunil's post here where he contacts Benetton to get their comment on the campaign. Benetton's spokeperson Jill explains that they had nothing to do with this ad, but then she adds that she hasn't asked McCann if they created it either. Seriously where is your head at if you are a legit multinational ad agency and you make fake ads for clients that you never had? Oh, I know, in the same place as DPZ Propaganda of Brazil's was a few years back. Cannes lions are that tempting. fake it til you make it, they say.
hosting a site this cool costs a minor fortune. So—if you love what you see here, please donate. Thanks.
- I still sing but with some 2 hours 38 min ago
- I think you are fantastic, 2 hours 41 min ago
- Actually, I know who I won't 5 hours 12 min ago
- That's a powerful film right 14 hours 51 min ago
- A far more interesting use of 1 day 46 min ago
- "dyingh"? :) True though, 1 day 4 hours ago
- So the kid sends grandma the 1 day 7 hours ago
- Some more background info on 1 day 8 hours ago
- Worst commercial ever. Just 3 days 14 hours ago
- > I don't even think people 4 days 18 hours ago
- "Barokas argued that 4 days 21 hours ago
- Yes, if it's not obvious to 5 days 1 hour ago